The syllabus is designed to provide students relevant information about the course. This information usually addresses frequently asked questions about the course. Most syllabus will include:
- Contact information for the Professor -- name, office location, phone number, email, and office hours.
- Textbook information
- Course Description with course objectives
- Topic areas by week or day
- Assignments -- readings, homework, exams/quizzes, papers and so on.
- Classroom Policies -- late work, attendance, mobile phone use and so on.
If it is in the syllabus, it is important to your Professor! Professors are most impressed by students who have read the syllabus and then ask clarifying questions.